Lifeguard/Instructor - Aquatics
|Open Date||Jul 08 2021 - 01:01:00 PM||Close Date||Ongoing|
|Position Title||Lifeguard/Instructor - Aquatics||Posting Type||Permanent|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Part Time|
|Department Group||Parks & Recreation||Hours per Week||0-24|
|Department||Parks & Recreation||Openings||Ongoing|
|Education||High School Diploma|
PART-TIME “LIFEGUARD/INSTRUCTORS” - Aquatics
To be considered for this position, applicants must possess the following minimum qualifications:
- National Lifeguard Award – Pool Option
- Lifesaving Society Swim and Lifesaving Instructors certificate
- Excellent physical condition
- Good supervisory skills
- Ability to pleasantly deal with the public
- Standard First Aid with CPR and AED certification
- WHMIS training an asset
- Visual acuity of 20/20 corrected with at least one eye and minimum of 20/40 corrected in the poorer eye
- Corrective lenses to achieve 20/20 vision must be worn and secured at all times when on duty
- Peripheral vision of 120 degrees with both eyes used together
- Instructs City sponsored swimming fitness programs
- Performs lifeguard duties when required
Salary rate while Lifeguarding is $16.14-$18. per hour and while Instructing is $22.60-$26.57 per hour as per Schedule "A" of the collective agreement. Hours of work not to exceed forty-eight (48) hours in a two week period in accordance with the C.U.P.E., Local 1146 - Inside/Part-time Unit collective agreement.
Resumes and cover letters will be received online at http://careers.cityofwoodstock.ca.
The City of Woodstock is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
We thank all candidates who apply, but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.