Temporary Skilled Labourers - Parks Department
|Open Date||Aug 07 2019 - 12:44:00 PM||Close Date||Aug 21 2019 - 04:00:00 PM|
|Position Title||Temporary Skilled Labourers - Parks Department||Posting Type||Temporary|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Full Time|
|Department Group||Parks||Hours per Week||40|
|Department||Parks & Recreation||Openings||2|
|Education||High School Diploma|
|Location||Parks & Recreation|
THE CORPORATION OF THE CITY OF WOODSTOCK
The City of Woodstock is a dynamic and growing community of 41,000 located in the heart of southwestern Ontario at the crossroads of highways 401 and 403. The City’s progressive actions have made it a leader in the region for conservation, environmental initiatives and long-term commitment to managed growth. Woodstock has roots in both agriculture and manufacturing; as the recognized Dairy Capital of Canada and as home to Toyota’s second Canadian manufacturing facility. With a skilled workforce, affordable housing and a new community hospital, Woodstock truly is a growing city with a lot of rural, small town charm.
TEMPORARY SKILLED LABOURER - PARKS
To be considered, applicants must possess the following minimum qualifications:
- Minimum Grade 12 or equivalent.
- Building maintenance experience related to electrical, plumbing, painting, dry walling and carpentry is an asset.
- Must have basic experience with irrigation systems.
- Must be able to work in all weather conditions and be physically fit.
- Class D-Z Ontario Driver’s License in good standing is an asset.
- Experience operating a wide variety of heavy equipment is an asset.
- Training with MTO Book 7 for Temporary Conditions, and proven knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and other applicable legislation is an asset.
- Must have or willing to obtain Standard First Aid and CPR training.
- Experience in park maintenance and sports field management is an asset.
- Responsible and accountable for conducting general maintenance of all park facilities.
- Responsible for set-up, maintenance and care of all sports fields.
- Operate machinery such as, but not exclusively: stump grinder, wood chipper, vehicles, commercial mowers, tractors, chainsaw.
- Responsible and accountable for providing general information to the public and assisting them with their concerns and complaints when possible.
- Assist with Horticultural Technician or Arborist activities.
- Clean washrooms, toilets, showers and other public use areas.
- Collect and dispose of garbage and litter as directed.
- Set up seasonal operations as directed (i.e. clearing trails, cleaning equipment, trail and park signage, and setting up sports fields).
- Minor equipment repair and maintenance of said equipment as directed by the park supervisor.
- Will perform his/her duties and ensure that other employees and volunteers work in accordance with the City of Woodstock’s Policies and Procedures, Park’s Department Policies and Procedures as well as the Occupational Health and Safety Act, including all applicable regulations.
Rate of pay is $27.24 per hour as per Schedule “A” of the Collective Agreement. Hours of work will be 40 hours per week including evening and weekend shifts. This position will last up to 8 months.
Resumes and cover letters will be received online at http://careers.cityofwoodstock.ca no later than 4:00 p.m. August 21, 2019 .
The City of Woodstock is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
We thank all candidates who apply, but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.