Temporary Skilled Labourers - Public Works
|Open Date||Jun 09 2021 - 05:06:00 PM||Close Date||Ongoing|
|Position Title||Temporary Skilled Labourers - Public Works||Posting Type||Temporary|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Full Time|
|Department Group||Public Works||Hours per Week||40|
|Department||Engineering & Public Works||Openings||Ongoing|
TEMPORARY SKILLED LABOURER – PUBLIC WORKS
To be considered, applicants must possess the following minimum qualifications:
- Minimum Grade 10 or equivalent.
- Must be able to work in all weather conditions and be physically fit.
- Class DZ Ontario Driver’s License in good standing.
- Experience operating a wide variety of heavy equipment is an asset.
- Training with MTO Book 7 for Temporary Conditions, and proven knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and other applicable legislation is an asset.
- Must have or willing to obtain Standard First Aid and CPR training.
1. Performs various manual labour duties such as, but not limited to:
Works on the asphalt crew:
Works on the concrete crew:
Assists Vactor Truck Operator with routine flushing and cleaning catch basins.
Works on the sewer crew
Repairs manholes and catch basins:
Clears debris from roadways:
Applies cold patch to roads needing repairs and reports work completed to the Supervisor.
Performs winter control duties,
Performs duties of Waste Collection vehicle operator
2. Performs traffic maintenance duties
- Set up traffic control measures
- Fix or replace traffic signs
- Paint pavement markings
3. Performs other duties as required, such as, but not inclusive of:
acts as a mechanics helper,
paints and cleans equipment
washing, fueling and general equipment maintenance
perform annual sewer inspections
perform annual sign inspections
Rate of pay is $28.42 per hour as per Schedule “A” of the Collective Agreement. Hours of work will be 40 hours per week including evening and weekend shifts. This position will last for a maximum of 6 months.
Resumes and cover letters will be received online at http://careers.cityofwoodstock.ca
The City of Woodstock is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
We thank all candidates who apply, but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.