|Open Date||Nov 17 2020 - 10:08:00 AM||Close Date||Nov 27 2020 - 04:00:00 PM|
|Position Title||Licensed Mechanic||Posting Type||Permanent|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Full Time|
|Department Group||Garage||Hours per Week||40|
|Department||Engineering & Public Works||Openings||1|
THE CORPORATION OF THE CITY OF WOODSTOCK
The City of Woodstock is a dynamic and growing community of 41,000 located in the heart of southwestern Ontario at the crossroads of highways 401 and 403. A growing community, Woodstock has kept its small-town flavor while offering the types of amenities typically found only in larger cities. Woodstock has roots in both agriculture and manufacturing; as the recognized Dairy Capital of Canada and as home to Toyota’s second Canadian manufacturing facility. With a skilled workforce, affordable housing and a new community hospital Woodstock truly is a growing city with a lot of rural, small town charm.
To be considered, applicants must possess the following qualifications:
- Minimum Grade 12 with preference given to applicants who have graduated from a 2 year college program
- Valid 310T(Truck & Coach License) and 310S(Automotive License) in good standing with Ontario College of Trades
- Ozone Depletion Certificate
- Preference will be given to applicants with experience servicing and repairing heavy equipment
- Valid Class “DZ” driver’s license
- Must be in excellent physical condition
- Must have an excellent knowledge of electronic and hydraulic systems as well as the ability to read and understand electrical schematics
- Experience welding and cutting including the use of oxygen, acetylene, arc and MIG welding
- Experience rebuilding/repairing a wide range of equipment and vehicles
- Must possess the ability to read and interpret parts & service manuals as well as wiring schematics
Reporting to the Mechanic Supervisor, you will be responsible for the maintenance of City vehicles and equipment including but not limited to:
- Test, diagnose, analyze and repair vehicles in accordance with manufacturer’s specifications
- Regularly service vehicles, tune ups, oil changes, grease and vehicle inspections
- Respond to emergency calls when the vehicle breaks down while in service
- Responsible for complete safety inspections in compliance with Ministry of Transportation guidelines
- Perform other duties related to the Public Works Department such as body work and fabricating
- May be required to work shift
- Must be prepared to update qualifications and attend training seminars
- Carries out work assignments in accordance with the Occupational Health & Safety Act requirements, and any other safety policies, procedures and regulations, etc.
- Ensures that all necessary personal protective equipment (e.g. safety boots, hearing protection, eye protection, etc.) is used and is maintained in good condition.
- Responsible for reporting work accomplishments, resources used and time spent.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Rate of Pay, Level “7” $32.44 per hour, as per Schedule “A” of the Outside Collective Agreement. Hours of work and benefits as set out in the collective agreement.
Resumes and cover letters will be received online at http://careers.cityofwoodstock.ca no later than 4:00 p.m. November 27, 2020.
The City of Woodstock is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
We thank all candidates who apply, but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.