Heritage Registry Assistant - Museum
|Open Date||May 15 2019 - 08:31:00 AM||Close Date||May 31 2019 - 04:00:00 PM|
|Position Title||Heritage Registry Assistant - Museum||Posting Type||Contract|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Full Time|
|Department Group||Museum||Hours per Week||0-35|
|Education||High School Diploma|
“Heritage Registry Assistant - Museum”
Woodstock Heritage Advisory Committee is a volunteer committee appointed by Woodstock City Council to provide advice on identifying, conserving and promoting built heritage resources within the city
This is the second year of a four year project to create a digital registry. Earlier data base and new research will be used to broaden the function of this registry which will be accessible on the City of Woodstock website.
In this second year the Committee is looking for a Heritage Registry Assistant, to verify and correct the existing research in the data base and carryout farther research to enrich the online Heritage Registry.
To be considered for this position, applicants must possess the following minimum qualifications:
- Demonstrated knowledge of Architecture/ Canadian history /or related fields,
- Ability to use and learn various computer and software applications (Microsoft Access)
- Knowledge of architectural styles and terms would be an asset
- Strong research and writing skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision;
- Ability to meet deadlines;
- Good judgment and demonstrated professionalism;
(1) Organization of Heritage Registry. This includes evaluation and improvement of current digital records and the addition of necessary documentation that does not currently exist for individual properties within the registry.
(2) Work with Committee on “criteria” of properties in the registry into a predetermined format in order to organize all properties
(3) As part of this project, the updated Heritage Registry, will be added to the existing City of Woodstock website for researchers to access at any time.
(4) Must have own laptop with MS Office (with Access) package loaded.
(5) Must have access to vehicle
Salary rate is $17.50 per hour. Hours of work will be scheduled on an ad hoc basis and will not to exceed seventy (70) hours in a two week pay period. This is a four month contract.
Resumes and cover letters will be received online at http://careers.cityofwoodstock.ca no later than 4:00 p.m. May 31, 2019.
The City of Woodstock is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
We thank all candidates who apply, but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.