Asset Management Accountant
|Open Date||Mar 07 2019 - 09:30:00 AM||Close Date||Mar 22 2019 - 04:00:00 PM|
|Position Title||Asset Management Accountant||Posting Type||Permanent|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Full Time|
|Department Group||Treasury||Hours per Week||35|
|Education||College Diploma||Experience||3 years|
THE CORPORATION OF THE CITY OF WOODSTOCK
The City of Woodstock is a dynamic and growing community of 41,000 located in the heart of southwestern Ontario at the crossroads of highways 401 and 403. A growing community, Woodstock has kept its small-town flavor while offering the types of amenities typically found only in larger cities. Woodstock has roots in both agriculture and manufacturing; as the recognized Dairy Capital of Canada and as home to Toyota’s second Canadian manufacturing facility. With a skilled workforce, affordable housing and a new community hospital Woodstock truly is a growing city with a lot of rural, small town charm.
Asset Management Accountant
To be considered, applicants must possess the following qualifications:
- Post-secondary education in a Finance/Accounting Program
- Intermediate standing in a professional accounting designation program
- Certification in Asset Management would be considered an asset
- Minimum 3 years related experience in a similar position
- Experience with CityWide Asset Manager required
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics GP financial system a definite asset
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to liaise with various city departments
Under the direction of the Deputy Treasurer:
- Develops procedures, implements and maintains the tangible capital asset program and associated financial information. Provides assistance with the capital budget, capital financing and assistance with capital grant applications and reporting.
- Responsible for maintaining the CityWide Asset Manager database and assisting staff with asset inventory lists, disposal of assets etc.
- Prepares all tangible capital asset reports for year-end audit and financial statement purposes.
- Maintains city-owned land inventory and works with staff to record assumed roads and associated contributions from developers.
- Works with various city staff to implement and update the strategic asset management policy and oversees the preparation of the strategic asset management plans as required by legislation.
- Analyzes internal processes, undertakes research, prepares recommendations and implements special projects as required. This includes ongoing reviews of various financial systems and software to identify and implement improvements and efficiencies.
- Provides accounting/taxation support to both financial and non-financial staff as requested.
- Prepares internal and external reports as required.
- Performs other related tasks as assigned from time to time.
This is a full-time position working 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday. Additional hours may be required from time to time to cope with unusual demands and peak periods.
Compensation is $66,827 - $78,620. A comprehensive benefits package is included.
Resumes and cover letters will be received online at http://careers.cityofwoodstock.ca no later than 4:00 p.m. March 22, 2019.
The City of Woodstock is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
We thank all candidates who apply, but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.